10 Quick Ways You Can Improve Your General English Skills
There are many ways to improve your general English skills. Many people choose to enrol on an English speaking course from a young age, but studying general English can sometimes be quite hard, mainly because the English language is one of the most difficult to learn.
So to help you out, we have highlighted 10 quick and easy ways to help you improve your general English skills.
- Never be afraid to make mistakes, because it’s all part of the learning process. Those helping you can only help you correct mistakes when they hear you make them.
- Make sure you surround yourself with the language, and force yourself into situations where you have to speak it regularly, so that you can learn passively.
- Ensure that you practice every single day, and always stick to your study plan. If you waiver from your routine as you study English, it can be very detrimental to your learning.
- Focus on the four core skills to learning a new language; reading, writing, speaking and listening. They all need to be practiced constantly for you to improve.
- Give yourself both short term and long term goals, and reward yourself whenever you achieve them.
- Whenever you learn new words or phrases, write them all down in a notebook so that you can use them in sentences later on. Try to say them at least three times when you speak.
- Work out how you learn best; whether it’s memorising, reading, speaking, summarising or other methods.
- Stop translating English in your head, think in English to greatly improve your fluency.
- Test yourself regularly, as this will encourage you to work harder.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it. Ask your tutor, classmates or friends for help whenever you’re unsure or don’t understand something.
At NCG, we want to help you study English in the best way possible; you can enrol on our General English Course to improve your abilities through developing your core language skills of speaking, listening, writing and reading.
Simply contact us today for more information.