Studying with New College Group
The TKT programme at New College Group is for teachers of English to speakers of other languages. The TKT has no entry requirement, however, candidates are recommended to have at least an intermediate level of English. Our Teaching Knowledge Test courses prepare candidates for Modules 1, 2 and 3 and we also additionally carry out observations of our trained teachers and the opportunity to plan and prepare practical teaching sessions with a focus on adult (as distinct from child) focussed experiential, communicative techniques. This course aims to:
- Introduce you to the concepts and terms of teaching and learning which are central to the TKT, giving you opportunities to carry out practice TKT tests and practice exam papers.
- Introduce you to current theories, approaches, practices and activities in English Language teaching and explore the application of these theories in the classroom.
- Give you an insight into the many different resources which are available to language teachers such as websites, grammar books, and course-specific books.
- Give you the opportunity to reflect on your own teaching style by exploring a range of concepts.
- Immerse you in an English speaking environment and culture.
A Cambridge English teaching qualification
The TKT is awarded by Cambridge English Language Assessment, part of the University of Cambridge, and is internationally recognised as a benchmark for quality. Find out more.
This course is for closed groups only, times and dates available upon request. Please contact our friendly team for more information.